More Pages!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Yup, it's true!  We're all Irish 
on St Paddy's Day!

I put a corned beef brisket in the crock pot this morning, and poof!  MAGIC!  I didn't even know I liked corned beef.  Well, I like Reuben sandwiches, but I never really cared for corned beef on it's own.

I spent most of Sunday looking for healthy recipes and writing down ingredients on a shopping list.  Then, shopping.  I realized while I was out I only planned for 6 nights, and not 7.  Then the corned beef spoke to me.  Why not?

I found a quick crock pot recipe on the internet and prepped the veggies last night so it would make putting it all together that much easier in the morning.  Good thing, too.  I overslept (through 4 alarms) and really had to rush!

Coming home after work, I could smell the wonderful aroma.  I wasn't hungry, but I was ready for dinner!  (I waited an hour.)  It was delicious.  Truly.  Didn't know I liked it!  I might have to do this every year from now on!

Here's the finished product.  Yeah, I know, the color is a bit gray... I blame the beer.   But oh, so good! The meat just fell apart - so tender!



Credit goes to food.com for this recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your voice!