More Pages!

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

What Time is It?

Ironically, this post is late.  I don't mean to be late, but I seem to always have a lot going on and time slips away.  Pair that with a foggy brain, and I don't even remember what I forgot.  Anyone with me here?

Why are some people chronically late, and others annoying early?  What is it in our DNA that makes us so different?  You may laugh or scoff, but there have been studies about this, and I take comfort in knowing I'm not just an ass.

First off, from what I researched as I was sitting in the car dealership waiting for my oil change, which, yes, for which I was late.  (Okay, that really wasn't my fault as I got up three hours early, took my shower, and then proceeded to be bombarded with unexpected events.) 

Anyway, I actually liked what I discovered.  People who are late tend to be Type B - more laid back, versus my punctual Type A friends.  Another study claimed that those who are late are more creative, and tend to multi-task.  Oh yeah, I'm the QUEEN of multi-tasking.  I had the whole day planned out -- errands, oil change, shopping, play, and more after dinner.  But with the unexpected texts and calls, my time was sucked up and timeliness suffered.

In one article I read, it was determined that Type A and Type B personalities actually perceived time differently. 

Over three previous studies Conte found that, for Type A individuals, a minute passed in 58 seconds, where as Type B people felt a minute pass in a leisurely 77 seconds. 

Hmmm, that explains a lot!  My minutes are longer than yours?  Maybe that's why I think I can accomplish more than I can.  Just a couple more minutes and then I'll move on to the next task, and the next before I have to get to my next meeting.

Another article actually stated that being late might be a desirable trait, because of the link between these Type B personalities who exhibit optimism and who can multitask - at the office and at home.  They claim that these traits lead to more successful lives and careers. I can live with that. 

Okay, another truth.  Since I wrote the last paragraph, it's been four days.  More irony?  The guys in the service center said I needed some minor fixes, in addition to my oil change, and I said I needed to be out by 12:00pm at the latest.  Well, they beat that time and I had to stop writing.  Too much multitasking prevented me from getting back to this until now.  SO, last week's post is now this week's post, which means Thanksgiving Day.


SO, before I forget and run out of time ...

Happy Thanksgiving!  Thank you all for reading my blog and supporting me!

Love,
Linda

https://www.mydomaine.com/running-late-creativity/slide2

https://www.inc.com/wanda-thibodeaux/if-youre-always-late-you-might-be-more-successful-heres-why.html

https://www.sciencealert.com/chronically-late-personality-type-scientists-study 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding your voice!